What began in 1952 with one man’s vision and a tankerman’s license has grown to include over 2,600 employees working at more than 100 sites throughout the U.S. and Canada.
In the 1960s, PSC began providing other product handling services to major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals. Growth and expansion in the refining and chemical industries in North America over the past decade created new opportunities for PSC to expand its geographical footprint beyond the Gulf Coast. Today the company has over 2,600 employees working at more than 100 sites throughout the U.S. and Canada, handling a wide variety of refined products, chemicals, fertilizers, and plastics.
In 2004, PSC was acquired by the SGS Group, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. PSC has retained its management team and prior owners, and today operates as a division of SGS North America, Inc.