Are you safety-minded, self-disciplined, and motivated to learn?
In selecting students for the Tankerman Career Academy, we look for individuals who exhibit the characteristics needed to be successful working as a tankerman.
We are now enrolling Tankerman Trainees for our Summer 2017 classes to begin on June 19th in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Pasadena, Texas.
At a minimum, you must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly
- Valid driver’s license
- No DUIs/DWIs in the past three years
- Pass a drug screen and physical
- Successful completion of one or two panel interviews
- Have or be qualified to receive a valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Eligible to receive a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner credential (MMC) upon completion of the training